Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fried Cheese and Chilli Jam = YUM

It has been a while since I posted anything on here.  Rest assured, we have been enjoying 18 hour Prime Rib for a few visits now including Sammy's birthday last year where I would like to give a big [and well over due] thank you to Captain Kirk [store manager] at the Carindale Hogs Breath  Cafe.  

Just quickly on [and sorry I don't have an image on hand], normally when you go to celebrate your birthday at a Hoggies, you get your steak and you get a free slice of mud cake.  In this instance, Sammy got one of those massive balloon glasses of Rocky Road!  Both Sammy and myself hoked in and could not finish it.  Did I say massive?  So yeah, we were both tickled pink [about the same colour as the Hogster himself] for that.  

Anyway, I normally blog about the 18 hour steak and I thought it would be nice to blog about other things that are on the menu.  And this is one of them.  Essentially this is fried cheese sticks [crumbed] and served with a jalapeno chilli jam.  It should be hot, instead it has a slight tang and an almost sweet sensation to it.  Really nice as a starter.  So the next time I go to a Hogs Breath Cafe, these will be on the order :)

Mark & Sammy

Back To the Top 

No comments:

Post a Comment